Do you feel you live in a house or a home?
A house is a structure with no emotional attachment to its inhabitants. The comings and goings are neutral and lackluster. If you look around your house, inside or out, do you see..
- A veritable “to do list” of unfinished projects that cause you stress
- Clutter of “stuff” and belongings that cause you anxiety
- Un-coordinated and over-cramped areas that frustrate you
- Un-kept or unclean areas that upset you
A home welcomes you in, wraps you in warmth and encourages a blissful state of stay. A home invokes positive emotions from you. A home provides you with pride and enjoyment.
- Just seeing your home should bring you happiness
- Entering your home should bring you comfort
- Colors and space arrangements should be soothing to you
Your home should be your ultimate personal place of relaxation
So what should you do if you don’t feel the welcoming warmth of a home with your house?
- Make a list of the areas that bring you anxiety or stress
- Create a plan of how to address those areas and remedy the issues
- Follow through with action to resolve the issues
- Handle what you can personally do yourself and enlist professional help where needed
Begin one step at a time to chip away at the areas of your house that bring you stress to see how enhancing your space creates a home and improves your emotional well-being.Your home is a reflection of you and when your take of your home you take care of yourself.