Looking for a calmer, more relaxed start to the day? Consider starting your day by selecting your clothing and accessories from an Organized Closet.
Here are 10 Closet Organizing Tips to get you started.
1) Use identical style hangers; wooden, clear plastic or tubular to give your closet consistency.
2) Return metal hangers back to the dry cleaners as they leave indentations in your clothing and are not as sturdy as other style hangers.
3) Purge, Purge, Purge. If it doesn’t fit, is out of style, you never liked it, have no use for it, know you will never wear it – Donate It! This includes clothes, shoes, purses, and accessories.
4) Do not hang your sweaters. Neatly fold and store either in drawers or on closet shelving or neatly in containers.
5) Have baskets or bins available for laundry and dry cleaning to keep laundry off the floor.
6) Use shoe shelving to keep shoes organized in pairs and off the floor.
7) Store small accessory items in drawers or small containers on shelves.
8) Hang belts, scarves and ties for easy viewing and access.
9) Do not store unrelated items in closets, such as; kids games with your clothes, husband’s clothing in baby’s room, kitchenware in coat closet. Keep coats in the coat closets. Baby clothes in the baby’s rooms. Games with games, etc.
10) Always take the extra minute to put things where they belong, such as hanging up a coat or putting shoes in a closet.
Remember: Staying Organized is an on-going process, just like laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc.
New items are always coming into your home while other items are losing their function or style. You must continuously take stock of your inventory to keep it organized.
With an organized system in place, maintaining an organized space is much easier and more time efficient!
Contact Sherry Castaldi at 610-524-2466 or E-Mail Sherry if you would like to discuss your closet organizing needs today!